26/09/2020 0 Comments
Make the most of your summer vacation with a road trip in your RV
Vancouver Island has a lot to offer. There are beautiful gardens, historic sites, stunning beaches and, of course, whale watching.
But it’s hard to watch the whales through a cracked windshield.
Keep reading for tips on where to go, what to see and how to prepare for the perfect island RV road trip this summer. Enjoy the natural beauty of Victoria, Nanaimo, and the rest of Vancouver Island by making sure that you take care of the little things like tune ups, auto glass repair or RV windshield replacement before you hit the open road.
Places to go, things to do
Vancouver Island is home to some of the most beautiful scenery in Canada. Take advantage of the warm weather and check out some of these gorgeous road trip destination ideas:
- Enjoy the waterfalls at Englishman River Falls Provincial Park
- Take a hike along the nature appreciation trials scattered across the islands
- Follow the rainforest trails from the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve in Bamfield all the way up the west coast of the island
- Go island hopping and stop at RV parks along the way
- Go whale watching in Tofino
- Head over to Ucluelet and see the famous Ucluelet Aquarium
- Take in the history at the Vancouver Island Military Museum in Nanaimo
- Visit the birthplace of one of Canada’s most delicious desserts, the Nanaimo Bar
- Stop and smell the flowers at the most famous botanical garden on the west coast, The Butchart Gardens
Before hitting the open highway, you’ll want to make sure your RV is up for the challenge of all that summer fun. The following checklist will help you get your gear packed up and ready to go and make sure that you have a fun, safe and memorable summer holiday.
- Buy plenty of snacks and supplies
- Check your fluid levels and top up if necessary
- Check your tire pressure
- Get a tune up
- Get an RV windshield replacement if necessary
- Get auto glass repair for all those chips and cracks in your windshield
- Have your brakes checked
Make the most of your summer vacation with an RV windshield replacement from Capital Auto Glass in Victoria, BC. We’re the island’s choice for auto glass repair, residential and commercial glass services, upholstery services and RV windshield replacement and repair. Contact us today to learn more about our services or schedule an appointment for auto glass repair.